If you are using prepaid return shipping labels and your customers don't always use them, don't worry!
Return Magic will automatically void labels for you after one of two events:
- The return has been approved for more than 30 days
- You've marked the package as received in your dashboard
Whichever happens first will trigger the voiding of the label.
Here is how that voiding works:
- Return Magic sends an API call to your shipping partner (Shippo, EasyPost or ShipStation)
- The partner then sends that request to your carrier
- Your carrier approves the request
- The funds are credited to you either in your carrier account (ShipStation) or partner account (Shippo and EasyPost)
This whole back and forth can take a couple of days, so don't worry if you don't see the credit right away: it's normal!