If you are using prepaid return shipping labels and your customers don't always use them, don't worry!
Return Magic will automatically void labels for you after one of two events within 30 days of label creation:
- You delete the return request
- You've marked the package as received in your dashboard
Here is how that voiding works:
- Return Magic sends an API call to your shipping partner (Shippo, EasyPost or ShipStation)
- The partner then sends that request to your carrier
- Your carrier approves the request
- The funds are credited to you either in your carrier account (ShipStation) or partner account (Shippo and EasyPost)
This whole back and forth can take a couple of days, so don't worry if you don't see the credit right away: it's normal!