You may also see a red error message appear at the bottom of the page. Note that we have specific Help Center articles for the most common errors, sorted by marketplace in the Order Management Systems section.
This can occur for the following reasons.
- Return Magic is unable to retrieve the transaction information for this order:
- The order was not yet paid for, or the payment was not captured
- The order has already been refunded outside of Return Magic
- The payment gateway used to pay for this order does not support third-party refunds
- You have set the quantity of items within the return to 0
- You have set a return fee higher than the amount available to refund
This button means Return Magic will not be able to process the refund automatically, and you will need to do that manually. It will not send an email to your customers or restock inventory either.