If you want us to handle your setup, we are happy to take this load for a fixed $100 fee (includes basic setup for one store). Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you are interested!
Please note we currently have very limited resources and might not be able to take on concierge setups at the moment. Please reach out to us to discuss timelines if you are interested.
We're always happy to get you setup. To make this as easy for you as possible, here are the different pieces of information we'll need to get you started. Please answer this questionnaire to get us started!
Please provide us with a staff account to your store with the following permissions:
- Ability to create orders
The main sections are as follows:
- Automating your return policy
- Carrier Integration
- Internal Emails & Notifications to your Customers
- Return Portal Setup
Automating your Return Policy
If you will be keeping the same return policy as is already advertised on your website, please send that our way.
Below are the different aspects of your return policy we will need to determine:
- Will you be charging any return fees? This can be modulated on a return method basis (exchange vs store credit vs cash refunds). We can also change the name of the return fee (default options are: return fee, restocking fee, handling fee, return shipping cost).
- What is your policy for situations of Damaged items | Defective items | Wrong Item Sent?
- What is your policy on international returns? Note that we do not yet support automated international labels.
- How do you manage inventory?
- Do you want to manually approve returns, or have them be automatically approved? This is also adjustable according to refund method (e.g. manual approval for exchanges only, or for international returns only). More on this here.
- Do you have a specific policy for sales? If so, please let us know how you manage your sales (discounts, external apps, manually marking down items, ...).
- Do you have any item-specific policies? (E.g. some items are non-returnable)
We will be able to connect Return Magic to your preferred carrier(s) with your own negotiated rates if applicable. You can choose from our available shipping integrations. Their specific features are explained here.
If you do not want to provide return labels to your customers, we also support other logistic flows.
To help us get you setup with automatic labels:
- First, let us know which shipping integration you'd like to use. We can create that account for you, or you can do it yourself.
- If you want us to connect carrier accounts for you, please provide us with your account credentials.
- You will need to enter billing information yourself. We will send you the link!
Postage will be calculated using the send to and from locations, as well as the returned package weight.
- Please provide us with your return location. If you have multiple return locations, please provide us with the addresses, as well as the logic to determine which packages need to be returned to which location.
- Item weights are pulled by default from your order management system. Let us know if this needs to be changed.
- You can set default package weights & dimensions. More information on this here. Let us know what default values to input.
Internal Emails & Notifications to your Customers
Return Magic sends you email notifications when a return is requested (optional) and if ever there is an error when processing a return. We also enable you to send status updates to your customers at the different steps of the return journey.
Customer notifications are fully customizable with inline CSS only. To help us set this up for you, we will need the following information:
- Your store logo, which will be added to the header of your emails. We will need it in PNG format, with a transparent background and an optimal width of 250px.
- The email address to which we should send the internal notifications. Also let us know if this email should be customer-facing or not.
- Enclosed to this article is a document with all the email templates. If you need us to change the copy or styling, we can do that for you. Please provide us with the new copy and styling instructions.
Please note that the emails do not support Liquid or the Shopify variables. For a list of Return Magic variables, refer to the second enclosed PDF file.
If you need more advanced customization for your emails, let us know and we can remove our templates for you. Do know that this will require some custom development time on your end, and that we cannot guarantee that all emails will be sent out, so make sure to test this extensively.
Return Portal Setup
There are two main ways to go live with your portal.
- We can add a link to your return portal to your already-existing return policy FAQ. If you choose this option, you will be able to add this link yourself as we cannot edit your live store theme.
- We can also add your return policy directly above and/or below your portal. If this is what you want, please provide us with a copy of your return policy and any styling instructions. If you do not provide us with styling instructions, we will do our best to copy your store's style (example of past portal customization setups we've done: Latched Mama, The WOD Life, Jouer Cosmetics).
We do recommend doing a mix of both: keeping a return policy FAQ page so that you can extensively describe your return policy, and adding a short summary of this policy on the portal as well as a description of your return process so your customers do not have to go back to the FAQ page if they get confused during the return process.
Note that we can also add a button to your customers' account pages so they can request a return directly from there. More details on this here, and please know if your store is already live we cannot edit your live Shopify theme.
We can edit the colors of your portal as well as the font (choose from Roboto, Montserrat, Lora, or Open Sans). For more advanced customization, we will need you to provide us with a CSS template, or if you need to edit the wording on the portal, then we will need you to send us the new copy you'd like to put in place. Please note that we do not support custom HTML. This means we cannot add new steps, or change the structure of the steps of the portal or add any structured text to the portal: we can only modify what is currently there.
Please let us know how you would like to proceed on this!